Energy and Utilities
Energy resources and costs are critical to manufacturing processes and proﬁtability.
GAM has been a leading contributor of reason and commentary for decades before the Georgia Public Service Commission on energy costs and utility regulatory policy. Working with regulators and energy providers, the Association has amassed the knowledge and experience to proactively and effectively reduce energy costs and ensure competitive terms of service for its members.
- Signiﬁcant accomplishments on behalf of manufacturers before the Public Service Commission include:
- Mitigation of increases in electric rates sought by Georgia Power Company resulting in hundreds of millions of dollars in savings for Georgia manufacturers;
- Intervention in the most recent Georgia Power Company rate case, providing over $230 million in beneﬁts and avoided increases to members from 2023 to 2025;
- Successfully advocating for fuel cost recovery mechanisms, saving manufacturers tens of millions of dollars;
- Winning Commission approval of GAM proposals to redesign existing or implement new tariffs intended to reduce the cost of electricity for manufacturers; and
- Leading advocacy for natural gas deregulation resulting in tens of millions of dollars in savings for interruptible natural gas consumers
- Forming the policy and regulatory environment around green energy and the acceleration of the electric vehicle industry in Georgia.
GAM’s President and CEO spoke on the state of manufacturing in Georgia and how GAM is supporting the industry. On October 5, more than 100…Read More
Georgia PSC Sets Dates for Vogtle Prudency Hearing – Clay Jones, Vice President and General Counsel The Georgia Public Service Commission has established a procedural…Read More